Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ʊfə(r)
roofer (plural roofers)
- A craftsman who lays, or repairs roofs.
- A daredevil who performs stunts on tops of skyscrapers.
- Synonym: rooftopper
- 2014 May 6, Kevin O'Flynn, “High Times: Meet the Russian Kids Who Take the World's Riskiest Photos”, in RollingStone.com:
- Ivan, Kirill and Vasilisa are “roofers,” a loose-knit group of insanely non-acrophobic daredevils who scam and sneak their way to the tops of Russia’s highest buildings.
- 2014 September 10, Karsten Strauss, “Ukrainian Troublemaker Receives $10,000 Award For 'Redecorating' Moscow”, in Forbes:
- This year, as part of his annual “Troublemaker Award,” the startup mentor and entrepreneur decided to spotlight a Ukrainian stunt-climber -- or, "roofer" -- who struck a blow for his home nation by sticking it to neighboring Russia.
- 2015 December 11, “Daredevils capture breathtaking views atop Christ the Redeemer”, in New York Post:
- “There aren’t many places in Latin America for the roofer to get on so our main aim was to climb Christ the Redeemer,” he said.
- 2016 February 26, “This Is What It's Like to Climb the 3rd-Tallest Building in Shanghai”, in Inverse:
- Many people say that I don’t look like roofer, which is really good when I try to get into a building which is really good secured. I started roofing two years ago with some friends.
craftsman who lays or repairs roofs