Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: rubberstamp
- (figuratively) Of a person, organisation, or process, making decisions or approving matters routinely or without real power.
- rubber stamp politics
- rubber stamp committee
- A piece of rubber or similar material with a design or text carved or molded for the purpose of transferring ink or dye to imprint that design on another object.
- The library had a rubber stamp to imprint the due date.
- (figuratively) A person or organisation that approves, routinely or as a formality, matters decided by some other person or organisation.
piece of rubber to make an imprint
person or body approving things without power to change them
- (figuratively) To process, approve or decide matters routinely rather than through careful consideration.
- They usually just rubber stamp orders under $100.