Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (not comparable) Of or relating to the tailoring of clothing.
- Synonym: vestiary
- 2001, Jay Parini, By Their Clothes Ye Shall Know Them, The Chronicle of Higher Education (21 Dec 2001), B24:
- His sartorial rebellions were slight: he wore jeans, for example, when giving tutorials.
- 2007, Carter Bays & Craig Thomas, How I Met Your Mother, CBS, Episode 2ALH14:
- Suits are full of joy. They are the sartorial equivalent of a baby’s smile.
- Of or relating to the quality of dress.
- 1997, Haruki Murakami, Jay Rubin, transl., The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, New York: Alfred A. Knopf, Inc.; republished New York: Vintage Books, 1998, →ISBN, page 77:
- He was just a college instructor at the time, long before he had written his book and long before his sartorial conversion. The pockets of his sports coat bulged from having had fists thrust into them too long.
- In his smart suit Jacob was by far the most sartorial of our party.
- (anatomy) Of or relating to the sartorius muscle.
of or relating to tailoring or clothing
of or relating to quality of dress