Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Consisting of scraps; fragmentary; lacking unity or consistency.
- That was a scrappy lecture.
- (informal) Having an aggressive spirit; inclined to fight or strive.
- He's a scrappy dog and will charge at you if you taunt him.
- 2012, Mark Rice-Oxley, Underneath the Lemon Tree
- In those days PGS [Portsmouth Grammar School] was full of sadistic staff and scrappy boys called things like Smudger, Muzz and Titch.
2013 August 10, Lexington, “Keeping the mighty honest”, The Economist, volume 408, number 8848:
- The [Washington] Post's proprietor through those turbulent [Watergate] days, Katharine Graham, held a double place in Washington’s hierarchy: at once regal Georgetown hostess and scrappy newshound, ready to hold the establishment to account.