Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Opportune; occurring at an appropriate or suitable time.
- Thomas Salusbury (1662): Nor is it seasonable to have to do with Hercules, whil'st he is enraged, and amongst the Furies.
- Appropriate to the current season of the year.
- The temperature outside was quite seasonable, neither warmer nor colder than I had expected.
- (obsolete) Ephemeral; lasting for just one season.
- (obsolete) In season (said of game when it is legal to be hunted and killed).
- (obsolete) Well-seasoned; matured (e.g. timber).