Jump to navigation Jump to search
sejmik (plural sejmiks)
- (historical) A local or regional parliament in Poland; a dietine.
- 2018, Robert I. Frost, The Oxford History of Poland-Lithuania, volume 1:
- Forced to raise extraordinary taxes for the Thirteen Years' War, Casimir called general assemblies that were in effect meetings of his council, but their decisions were not seen as binding on the districts until ratified by the provincial sejmiks.
sejmik m inan
- a sejmik, a regional assembly for each of the sixteen voivodeships of Poland
- (historical) sejmik (“a local or regional parliament in the Kingdom of Poland or the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth”)
declension of sejmik