Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (chiefly uncountable) Senescence; the bodily and mental deterioration associated with old age.
- (chiefly uncountable) The losing of memory and reason due to senescence.
- He was entering his years of senility and not liking it a bit.
- (countable, archaic) An elderly, senile person.
- 1934 May, Hearst's International combined with Cosmopolitan, page 117:
- There was no need for George Playford to talk as if they were doddering senilities.
the losing of memory and reason