Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To agitate by shaking.
- If you shake up a can of cola and then open, you get an explosion.
- (transitive) To restore to its original shape by shaking.
- (transitive, informal) To upset or distress (a person).
- Seeing the car accident really shook her up.
- (transitive, informal) To reorganize, to make reforms in.
- The new boss is going to shake things up, so be aware.
to agitate by shaking
to restore to its original shape by shaking
to upset or distress