Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: shapeup
- (intransitive, idiomatic) To improve; to correct one's bad habits or behavior.
- He'd better shape up soon, or he'll fail the class.
- (intransitive, idiomatic) To take shape; to transform into or become.
- The fog has vanished and it's shaping up to be a beautiful day.
- 1983, The Right Stuff, 02:04:00
- -- "Pretty good. A full refrigerator! I can see this afternoon is shaping up just great."
- (correct one's bad habits or behavior): improve, pull one's finger out, pull one's socks up
- (transform into): become, turn into, turn out to be
to improve; correct one's bad habits