Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Shisha
Borrowed from Egyptian Arabic شيشة (šīša), from Turkish şişe, from Persian شیشه (šiša, “glass, mirror”).
shisha (countable and uncountable, plural shishas)
- (countable) An Arabic water-pipe, or hookah.
- Synonyms: hookah, hubbly bubbly, narghile
- The tobacco smoked in such a pipe, especially as mixed with molasses and flavour extract.
- Synonym: maassel
- (textiles) A type of embroidery with small pieces of reflective metal attached to the fabric.
- Synonym: mirrorwork
arabic water-pipe — see hookah
shisha (plural shishalar)
Declension of shisha
Possessive forms of shisha
- English terms borrowed from Egyptian Arabic
- English terms derived from Egyptian Arabic
- English terms derived from Turkish
- English terms derived from Persian
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- Japanese non-lemma forms
- Japanese romanizations
- Uzbek lemmas
- Uzbek nouns