Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ʃɔɹtˈtʃeɪndʒ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ʃɔːtˈtʃeɪndʒ/
- Rhymes: -eɪndʒ
- To defraud someone by giving them less change than they should be given after a transaction.
- I gave him $10 for a $5 item and he only gave me $1 back. I got shortchanged!
- (by extension) To deprive someone of something for which they paid.
- The elective class was easy, but in the end I was shortchanging myself.
- To make disadvantaged by design.
to defraud someone by giving them less change than they ought to be given after a transaction