sister from another mister
Jump to navigation Jump to search
By analogy with brother from another mother.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsɪstə fɹəm əˈnʌðə ˈmɪstə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsɪstɚ fɹəm əˈnʌðə ˈmɪstɚ/
- Rhymes: -ɪstə(r)
- Hyphenation: sis‧ter from ano‧ther mis‧ter
- (informal) A very close female friend.
- 2018, J. Kenner, “An Introduction to the Lexi Blake Crossover Collection”, in Justify Me (A Stark International/Masters & Mercenaries Novella), [s.n.]: Evil Eye Concepts, →ISBN:
- If I've done my job, you'll know and love these characters—sisters from another mister, brothers from another mother.
- 2020, Felice Mathieu, “The Man behind the Message”, in A Christian Marriage Guide: Preventing Arguments and Promoting Unity in the Christian Marriage, [s.n.]: Felice Mathieu:
- I'm the only child, no brothers, or sisters / Other than brothers from other mothers / Or the sisters from other misters
- A stepsister or half sister with a different father.
very close female friend