Jump to navigation Jump to search
- So named; commonly called.
- the so-called Ising model
- 1988, Ingrid Coetzee, Gerhard-Mark Van der Waal, Conservation of Culture: Changing Context and Challenges
- Another Canadian example is that of the so-called Halfback Program initiated in the province of Ontario. With this scheme state lottery tickets with which no prizes are won retain 50% of the value of their initial cost […]
- 2010, Matty McEire, Looking for Sheville, Dog Ear Publishing (→ISBN), page 78:
- ... I hadn't met any straight women at the gay bars — a few so called "fag hags" fraternizing with the boys, of course, but ...
- (ironic, derogatory) Commonly called by such a name, but not worthy of it.
- These so-called "assistants" are making our jobs harder, not easier!
so named, but wrongly so