Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsʌðəliː/
- (General American, Canada) IPA(key): /ˈsʌðɚli/
- (Australia) IPA(key): /ˈsɐðəliː/
- (New Zealand) IPA(key): /ˈsɐðɘliː/
southerly (plural southerlies)
- A wind blowing from the south.
wind blowing from the south
- coming from the south.
- Warm, moist air was brought by southerly winds
- Facing the south; directed towards the south.
- Located towards the south
coming from the south
facing the south
located towards the south
- In a southward direction or position; towards the south.
- From the south.