Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- spare tyre (UK)
- Used other than as an idiom: see spare, tire.
- (Canada, US) An extra wheel carried as a replacement in case of a flat.
- (Canada, US, idiomatic) Excess weight or fat accumulated near the waist.
- Spare tire is generally a misnomer, as almost all vehicles actually carry an entire wheel with a tire mounted on it as a spare.
- (extra wheel): spare wheel
- (extra wheel): donut
extra tire — see spare tyre
fat around midsection — see spare tyre