state of affairs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) A specific situation; a set of circumstances.
- His uncooperative attitude creates a difficult state of affairs for all of us.
- 1950 January, Cecil J. Allen, “British Locomotive Practice and Performance”, in Railway Magazine, page 13:
- Now this doubtness is an unhappy state of affairs to the lover of the steam locomotive, but we cannot, like the proverbial ostrich, bury our heads in the sand and refuse to face facts.
- “state of affairs”, in OneLook Dictionary Search.