Jump to navigation Jump to search
stateless (not comparable)
- (computer science) Of a system or protocol, such that it does not keep a persistent state between transactions.
- A stateless server treats each request independently.
- (dated) Without state or pomp.
- (law) Without a state or nationality, not subject to any state.
- 2013 June 22, “T time”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8841, page 68:
- The ability to shift profits to low-tax countries by locating intellectual property in them […] is often assumed to be the preserve of high-tech companies. […] current tax rules make it easy for all sorts of firms to generate […] “stateless income”: profit subject to tax in a jurisdiction that is neither the location of the factors of production that generate the income nor where the parent firm is domiciled.
- UN Convention relating to the Status of Stateless Persons
- (philosophy, politics) Neither believing in nor supporting the idea of nations.
- (computer science) stateful
(computer science) without remembering state
(law) without a state or nationality