Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: stickup
Audio (AU) (file)
- (transitive) Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see stick, up.; To put up by sticking.
- Stick up the postcard with a bit of tape.
- (transitive, idiomatic) To rob at gunpoint.
- I think they intend to stick up the bank.
- (intransitive, idiomatic) To be prominent; to point upwards.
- No matter how much I brush it, my hair always sticks up.
- (intransitive, with for) To speak or act in defence (of).
- Don't let them push you around, stick up for yourself.
- (intransitive, with to) To defy, to confront, to stand up to.
- (intransitive, with to) To maintain a commitment (as, to a proposition or role)