Jump to navigation Jump to search
storekeeper (plural storekeepers)
- One who runs a shop, either the owner or manager.
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 5, in The Celebrity:
- When this conversation was repeated in detail within the hearing of the young woman in question, and undoubtedly for his benefit, Mr. Trevor threw shame to the winds and scandalized the Misses Brewster then and there by proclaiming his father to have been a country storekeeper.
- One who is in charge of stores or goods of any kind.
- a naval storekeeper
- (US, colloquial, dated) Any unsaleable item.