Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈoʊnɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈəʊnə/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊnə(ɹ)
- Hyphenation: own‧er
owner (plural owners)
- One who owns something.
- The police recovered the stolen car and returned it to its owner.
- 2012, Sherri Lackey, The Vrykolakas Deviation (page 117)
- Sometimes the sound was close, as the owner of the voice was wandering just on the outside walls of his living quarters.
- (nautical, slang) The captain of a ship.
one who owns