A calque of Ojibwe ode'imini-giizis (“strawberry moon”), because June is strawberry season.
strawberry moon (plural strawberry moons)
- The full moon in June closest to the summer solstice.
- wolf moon, hunger moon, old moon (January)
- snow moon, ice moon (February)
- worm moon, sap moon, sugaring moon, crow moon, storm moon (March)
- pink moon, egg moon, grass moon, rain moon, growing moon, wind moon (April)
- flower moon, planting moon, milk moon, hare moon (May)
- rose moon, honey moon, mead moon, thunder moon (June)
- buck moon, thunder moon, deer moon, hay moon (July)
- sturgeon moon, corn moon, fruit moon, barley moon (August)
- harvest moon, gypsy moon (September)
- hunter's moon (October)
- beaver moon, frosty moon, snow moon (November)
- cold moon, long night moon, winter moon (December)