Jump to navigation Jump to search
As success in a gold rush was measured by whether gold was found.
- (literally) To find gold
- (informal) To be lucky, to win or be successful.
- 1988, Douglas C. Lyons, “What to expect in Seoul”, in Ebony:
- Danny Manning and Edwin Moses quickly come to mind for fans who want American athletes to strike gold this summer.
- 1995, “Holiday Glitter”, in New York Magazine:
- What follows is a list of sources where buyers are most likely to strike gold.
- 2003, “Wife Winds $872,884.09 at Online Casino”, in Weekly World News:
- Michele S. is one in a long line of Progressive Jackpot players to strike gold at Lucky Nugget Online Casino