strongback (plural strongbacks)
- (nautical) The fore-and-aft spar extending from stem to stern on a lifeboat and serving as a raised spreader for a boat cover. (FM 55-501)
- (nautical) A strong bar placed across a hatch opening to hold hatch boards or hatch covers. (FM 55-501)
- (carpentry) A load-bearing post with a T-shaped cross-section, where the short T-tail prevents bowing of the long post.
- (sculpture) A backing pole used to reinforce and stabilize vertically-oriented sculptures.
- (space science) A transporter-erector.