Jump to navigation Jump to search
spreader (plural spreaders)
- An object or person who spreads.
- A spacer or device for keeping two objects apart.
- A device used to spread bulk material.
- James put grass seed on the lawn with a seed spreader.
- A knife or spatula used to distribute a substance such as butter or jelly.
- Ellen used a spreader to butter her bagel.
- (nautical) A horizontal athwartships spar attached to the mast of a sailboat in order to extend the shrouds away from the mast.
- A machine for combining and drawing fibers of flax to form a sliver preparatory to spinning.
- The moving platform of a container crane.
- (computing, slang) A member of a cracking group who distributes warez.
object or person who spreads
device used to spread bulk material
knife or spatula used to distribute a substance
horizontal spar attached to the mast of a sailboat in order to extend the shrouds