Jump to navigation Jump to search
spacer (plural spacers)
- (sometimes science fiction) A person who works or lives in space.
- 1954, Isaac Asimov, The Caves of Steel:
- It was the futile throwing back in the face of the Spacers their most keenly felt insult: their insistence on considering the natives of Earth as disgustingly diseased.
- An object inserted to hold a space open in a row of items, e.g. beads or printed type.
- A bushing.
- (slang) A forgetful person; one who spaces out.
- (medicine) A type of add-on device used by an asthmatic person to increase the effectiveness of a metered-dose inhaler.
- (historical) An instrument for reversing a telegraphic current, especially in a marine cable, to increase the speed of transmission.
- CASREP, Casper, Pacers, Scaper, capers, crapes, e-scrap, escarp, pacers, parsec, recaps, scaper, scrape, secpar
spacer m inan (diminutive spacerek)
Declension of spacer