Jump to navigation Jump to search
suedehead (plural suedeheads)
- A member of an offshoot of the British skinhead subculture, originating in the 1970s and characterised by longer hair and more formal clothing than the skinheads.
- 1982, Paul Barker, The Other Britain: A New Society Collection:
- Since then, he's been a suedehead and a soul-boy. "I used to go down the discos, wear pegs and American bowling shirts."
- 2001, Chris Brown, Bovver:
- But Austins was always the clothes shop for the suedeheads.
- 2013, Joseph O'Connor, Where Have You Been?, page 271:
- Bluebeat and ska from a boombox on the pavement. A suedehead dancing a delirious, inebriated moonstomp with a girl who looked like a solicitor's apprentice.