Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A type of soft leather, made from calfskin, with a brushed texture to resemble fabric, often used to make boots, clothing and fashion accessories.
- 1954, Alexander Alderson, chapter 17, in The Subtle Minotaur:
- “She sheathed her legs in the sheerest of the nylons that her father had brought back from the Continent, and slipped her feet into the toeless, high-heeled shoes of black suède.”
- 2011 Allen Gregory, "Pilot" (season 1, episode 1):
- Richard DeLongpre: Mmm, your belly skin is like suede.
- Jeremy DeLongpre: Thanks.
- Richard: Tough but soft, like a man.
type of leather
suede (not comparable)
- Made of suede
made of suede
- (transitive) To make (leather) into suede.