Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- magnificent, luxurious, extremely good
- 1730–1774, Oliver Goldsmith, Introductory to Switzerland
- 1829, Washington Irving, The Alhambra:
- I wandered on until I came to a sumptuous palace with a garden adorned with fountains and fishponds, and groves and flowers, and orchards laden with delicious fruit.
- 2012 April 21, Jonathan Jurejko, “Newcastle 3-0 Stoke”, BBC Sport:
- Cabaye pulled all the strings in a dominant home performance and capped a majestic individual display with a sumptuous first-time finish into the far corner for his second goal of the afternoon.
magnificent, splendid, extremely good