Jump to navigation Jump to search
tantrum (plural tantrums)
- An often childish display or fit of bad temper.
- Many parents become embarrassed by their children throwing tantrums in public places.
- Baby Shawn threw a tantrum when he was told the bicycle was not his.
- 2003, Saralea E. Chazan, Simultaneous Treatment of Parent and Child, page 185:
- When he became frustrated, he threw a tantrum, and his mother would attempt to comfort him.
often childish display of bad temper
- (intransitive) To have a tantrum.