Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: tape-worm
- (countable) Any parasitical worm of the class or infraclass Cestoda, which infest the intestines of animals, including humans, often infecting different host species during their life cycle.
- (uncountable) Infection by tapeworms.
- 1967, Senator Hill, United States. Congress. Senate, Labor--Health, Education, and Welfare appropriations for 1968: Hearings before the subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, volume 8, page 1819:
- We used to have a lot of tapeworm down in my neck of the woods, but we don't have much now.
- (any species of class Cestoda): cestode
parasitical worm of the class Cestoda