Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -iːnz
- plural form of
- (plural only) The numbers between thirteen and nineteen.
- The number of people at the meeting was in the teens.
- (plural only) The time of life between thirteen and nineteen years old.
- She is in her teens.
- (plural only) The second decade of a century: the 1910s, 2010s, etc. The oneties, the tens.
- 2010, Michael G Cunningham, “The 20th Century's aughts and teens: OPERETTA”, in Gilded Songs (Berlin to Bacharach): The Gig Instrumentalist's Guide to the Golden Era of American Popular Song (1920 to 1979):
the numbers 13 to 19 inclusive
time of life between 13 and 19 years old
second decade of a century
- genitive singular definite of