Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (intransitive) To travel from one point to another without physically crossing the distance between the two points.
- (transitive) To move an object in this fashion, as by telekinesis.
- (to travel from one point to another without physically crossing the distance): beam
travel without physically crossing distance
move an object by teleportation
teleport (plural teleports)
- (science fiction) A teleporter.
- A satellite ground station.
2004, D. K. Sachdev, Business Strategies For Satellite Systems, page 131:
- Teleports provide access to multiple satellites and other media as well. Independently owned teleports may also provide competitive access to different satellite systems.