- (uncountable) The property or fact of tessellating.
- Squares can be used for tessellation.
- (countable) A tiling pattern with no gaps; the result of tessellating an area or plane.
- This is a tessellation of the plane with squares and regular octagons.
- (less common) polygon tessellation.
tiling pattern with no gaps; the result of tessellating an area or plane
polygon tessellation — see polygon tessellation
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
tessellation f (plural tessellations)