Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
thyme (plural thymes)
- Any plant of the labiate genus Thymus, such as the garden thyme, Thymus vulgaris, a warm, pungent aromatic, that is much used to give a relish to seasoning and soups.
- In older Irish and British poems and songs, the plant was sometimes seen as a metaphor for virginity and chastity.
plant of the genus Thymus
- thyme on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Thymus (Lamiaceae) on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Thymus (Lamiaceae) on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons