Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of
tinned (not comparable)
- Coated, or plated with tin.
- Packed in a tin can; canned.
- 1903, The Pall Mall Magazine, volume 30, page 304:
- He lit a fire in the dining-room, and the chimney was damp and smoked abominably, so that when he had fed full on tinned meats he was fain to let the fire go out and to sit in his fur-lined overcoat by the becindered grate, now fast growing cold, and smoke pipe after pipe of gloomy reflection.
- Previously prepared; not fresh or new
- (packed in a tin can): canned
- (packed in a tin can): dried
coated, or plated with tin
preserved in tins — see canned
previously prepared — see canned