Jump to navigation Jump to search
canned (not comparable)
- Preserved in cans.
- canned tomatoes
- (by extension) Previously prepared; not fresh or new; standardized, mass produced, or lacking originality or customization.
- The form letter included a canned answer stating that what I asked was against policy.
- 1998, Dr. Dobb's Journal: Software Tools for the Professional Programmer
- Unfortunately, some of the canned code, which Visual C++ gives to you when creating an application, is not CE aware and gives you compile errors.
- 2005, James Howard Kunstler — The Long Emergency
- The vested owners of all those sun-drenched tract houses may stick around for a while and fight over the region, perhaps thinking that they are reenacting the great historical dramas of the nineteenth century—such is the long-term effect of canned entertainment on the collective imagination.
- (slang) Drunk.
- Terminated, fired from a job.
- (preserved in cans): dried
preserved in cans
- simple past tense and past participle of