Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Describing text of a standard or routine nature.
- The contract contained all the usual boilerplate clauses.
- Used to describe a non-functional spacecraft used to test configuration and procedures.
- A boilerplate spacecraft was used to test the rocket
- A sheet of steel used in the construction of a boiler.
- The rating-plate or nameplate required to be affixed to a boiler by the (UK) Boiler Explosions Act (1882)
- A plate attached to industrial machinery, identifying information such as manufacturer, model number, serial number, and power requirements.
- (computing) Standard text or program code used routinely and added with a text editor or word processor; text of a legal or official nature added to documents or labels.
- They put that boilerplate on all the warning labels.
- (skiing) Hard, icy snow which may be dangerous to ski on.
- boilerplate code (computing)
sheet of steel
rating plate on boiler
rating plate on machinery
standard text used routinely