Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: tohubohu
- Chaos, disorder, confusion.
- 1875, William Gladstone, Gleanings of Past Years, section VI:
- Yet a judge may […] be required to dive, at a moment's notice, into the tohu-bohu of inquiries, which have never yet emerged from the stage of chaos.
- 1940, W. H. Auden, In Sickness and in Health:
- […] / The decorative manias we obey / Die in grimaces round us every day, / Yet through their tohu-bohu comes a voice / Which utters an absurd command — Rejoice.