Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Middle English toratten, from to- + ratten (“to lacerate, tear”), equivalent to to- + rat. Related to Middle High German ratzen (“to lacerate, tear”).
torat (third-person singular simple present torats, present participle toratting, simple past and past participle toratted)
- (transitive, obsolete) To tear apart, tear asunder.
- (transitive, obsolete) To scatter, disperse.
- (tear apart): rend, rip to shreds, tear to pieces
- (scatter, disperse): See also Thesaurus:disperse
- nominative plural of tora