Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (informal) Having a fondness for physical contact with other people, especially to an excessive degree.
- My last boyfriend was a lovely guy, but I dumped him because he was too touchy-feely with me in public.
- (idiomatic, usually derogatory) Driven by intuition or emotion, with a connotation of de-emphasis of rational thought or logic.
- He preferred the clarity of science and left the touchy-feely stuff to others.
- (idiomatic, usually derogatory) Appealing to emotion, sympathy, or romance.
- I think the movie had too much touchy-feely nonsense and not enough action.