Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ʌtʃi
- (of a situation) Extremely sensitive or volatile; easily disturbed to the point of becoming unstable; requiring caution or tactfulness.
- It is an extremely touchy situation, with everybody's patience wearing thin.
- (of a person) Easily offended, oversensitive.
- He can be very touchy when you talk about his cat, so be as tactful as possible.
- (informal) Inclined to engage in physical touch.
- (extremely sensitive): tetchy, delicate, touch and go
- (easily irritated): tetchy, irritable, irascible, cranky
sensitive or volatile
easily offended; oversensitive