Jump to navigation Jump to search
trawl (plural trawls)
- A net or dragnet used for trawling. [from the 16th c.]
- A long fishing line having many short lines bearing hooks attached to it; a setline.
- (transitive, intransitive) To take (fish or other marine animals) with a trawl.
- (intransitive) To fish from a slow-moving boat.
- (intransitive) To make an exhaustive search for something within a defined area.
- → Faroese: trol
To fish with a trawl
To make an exhaustive search within a defined area
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.