Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
twinge (plural twinges)
- A pinch; a tweak; a twitch.
- A sudden sharp pain; a darting local pain of momentary continuance; as, a twinge in the arm or side.
a sudden sharp pain; a darting local pain of momentary continuance; as, a twinge in the arm or side
- (transitive) To pull with a twitch; to pinch; to tweak.
- When a man is past his sense, / There's no way to reduce him thence, / But twinging him by the ears or nose, / Or laying on of heavy blows.
- (transitive) To affect with a sharp, sudden pain; to torment with pinching or sharp pains.
- The gnat […] twinged him [the lion] till he made him tear himself, and so mastered him.
- (intransitive) To have a sudden, sharp, local pain, like a twitch; to suffer a keen, darting, or shooting pain.
- My side twinges.