Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To embody, exemplify; to represent by an image, form, model, or resemblance.
- His attitude typifies the attitude of young people today.
- (transitive) To portray stereotypically.
- The angry captain typified all new sailors as incompetent.
- (transitive, sciences) To serve as a typical or reference specimen.
- The chosen specimen typifies plants belonging to that species.
to embody, exemplify
Template:trans- | style="width:1%; " | | class="translations-cell" style="background-color:#ffffe0; vertical-align:top; text-align:left; width:48%; " |
science: to serve as a typical specimen
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.