Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To show or illustrate by example.
- (transitive) To be an instance of or serve as an example.
- 2013 September 14, Jane Shilling, “The Golden Thread: the Story of Writing, by Ewan Clayton, review [print edition: Illuminating language]”, in The Daily Telegraph (Review), page R28:
- [T]he pleasure of writing on wax with a stylus is exemplified by the fine, flowing hand of a Roman scribe who made out the birth certificate of Herennia Gemella, born March 128 AD.
- (transitive) To make an attested copy or transcript of (a document) under seal.
- (transitive) To prove by such an attested copy or transcript.