Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (economics) To introduce a platform to an existing market or industry that provides direct transactions between sellers and buyers, often using mobile technology.
- 2017, Loick Menvielle, The Digitization of Healthcare: New Challenges and Opportunities:
- Participate in any of today's industry conferences or university business courses, and you will likely hear at least one individual who affirms that they have invented, or conceptually designed, a platform that will “uberize” industry X, Y, or Z.
- 2018 December 14, “New gangs 'Uberise' Europe's cocaine supply and bring more violence”, in The Guardian:
- New gangs ‘Uberise’ Europe's cocaine supply and bring more violence [title]
- 2021, Antoine Masson; Gavin Robinson, editors, Mapping Legal Innovation: Trends and Perspectives, Springer Nature, →ISBN, page 65:
- To be active in the twenty-first century revolution and avoid being “Uberized”, lawyers must revolutionize their thinking modes and practices to have the capacity to innovate.