Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
ultrashort (not comparable)
- Very short.
- ultrashort skirts
- (sciences) Extremely short in duration, typically on the femtosecond scale
- an ultrashort pulse
- (physics, of a wave) Having a wavelength of between 1 and 10 metres
- (finance) Having a very short term of investment, typically less than a year
- an ultrashort bond
- (very short): megashort
physics: having a wavelength between 1 and 10 metres
ultrashort (plural ultrashorts)
- (finance) A bond with an extremely short term, typically less than a year
1995 February 19, Carole Gould, “Mutual Funds: Ultrashort but Long on Choices”:
- Ultrashorts were a way for the fund industry to appeal to bank customers, by offering an investment whose price did not vary much but whose yield was higher than that on certificates of deposit.