Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɛd
undead (not comparable)
- Pertaining to a corpse, though having qualities of life.
- (horror fiction) Being animate, though non-living.
being animate, though non-living
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
undead pl (plural only)
- (usually preceded by "the") Those creatures which are dead yet still moving.
- In the zombie movie, an army of the undead accosted some nubile skinny-dipping teenagers.
- 1997, Carol Margaret Davison, Paul Simpson-Housley, Bram Stoker's Dracula: sucking through the century, 1897-1997
- Innocent VIII lent credibility to the actual existence of undeads, an action that perpetuated, and even stimulated, vampire hysteria.
those creatures which are dead yet still move