Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Unfavourable, adverse, or disadvantageous.
2004, Jan Riordan, chapter 5, Breastfeeding and Human Lactation, ISBN 0763745855, page 149:
- No untoward effects were reported; however, this was not a blinded or controlled study.
2007, Steven C. Schachter et al., chapter 4, Behavioral Aspects of Epilepsy: Principles and Practice, ISBN 1933864044, page 282:
- However, these guidelines may not be applicable to all individuals with refractory epilepsy, in whom seizure control is not achieved without using polytherapy or resection surgery with their untoward side effects.
- Unruly, troublesome.
- Unseemly, improper.
2005, John Martin, Organizational Behaviour and Management, ISBN 1861529481, page 518:
- The managing director was very depressed at the news, but realized that trying to prove anything untoward had taken place would be very difficult.
- (unfavorable, adverse): adverse, disadvantageous, inconvenient, unfavorable, unfortunate
- (unruly, troublesome): difficult, fractious, stubborn, troublesome, uncontrollable, unruly
- (unseemly, improper): immodest, improper, unseemly
unfavourable, adverse, or disadvantageous