Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈʌpʃɑt/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈʌpʃɒt/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: up‧shot
upshot (plural upshots)
- (US) A concise summary.
- I'm not interested in hearing all the details. Just give me the upshot.
- The final result, or outcome of something.
- The upshot was, that they had to get married.
- (concise summary): bottom line, digest, the long and short
- (final result): bottom line, conclusion, consequence
final result, or outcome of something